REPORT OF THE MEETING OF THE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT WITH THE PARENTS OF THE NURSERY SECTION.
Highly Esteemed Parents,
On Monday 5th October, 2020, the school management had a meeting with the parents of the Nursery Section concerning how to handle their children since they have not yet been allowed to resume normal academic activities. In the meeting, the school management proposed an online class for them: Pre-K to Nursery 2 which will be more effective than the one done during the lockdown period. The following strategies have been put in place to that effect:
1. New subjects have been added. During the lockdown, the children only did three subjects but now they are going to do nine subjects. This is to ensure that the children are educated wholistically.
2. A NEW LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: Time was taken to prepare a well decorated class for the children so as to create a real classroom environment. We won’t be working with the teacher and board alone.
3. Using clear pictures as learning tools: Clear pictures and beautiful catchy illustrations will be used instead of cardboard sheets for illustrations.
4. Introduction of more learning tools and other materials that supports learning.
5. Illustrative videos, with step by step processes for learning writing and mathematics.
6. Precise and easy to understand videos to maintain concentration of the children
7. Introduction of rhymes that are in line with the topics taught to maintain a well-structured learning. The rhymes will also be evaluated alongside the lesson.
8. All activities will be evaluated and specific feedback for each child will be available.
9. Follow up on the progress of the child by a class teacher.
Consequent upon this, we proposed either 15000 Naira per month or 25000 Naira for the whole period which will last from now to first week in December if the Nursery section has not resumed by then. After our discussion, many agreed to the one off payment of 25000 Naira. However, in the Spirit of post COVID palliative, we have decided on a flat rate of 20000 Naira with a reduction of 5000 per child.
Concerning the Pre - K class, though some parents complained that their children were not paying attention during the last time we ran online classes, we have decided to include them in the classes to start now because some parents indicated their interest. It is not compulsory for them(Pre-K). It is only for those who are interested.
Classes will begin on Monday, 12th October, 2020 and every child will have access for the first two weeks after which those who have not paid will be denied access. Bank detail for payment is as follows:
Name of Bank: Keystone Bank
Account Name: Spring of Life and fountain of wisdom and excellence
Account number: 1007252690
The school has created a Telegram channel for parents of the various sections to further help in dissemination of information. Download the Telegram app and use the following link to connect to the sections for your child:
Link Nursery section
Link Primary section
Link Secondary section
We use this medium to inform you about the change in the arrival time for JSS 2 and SS 2 students. Instead of arriving by 8.30am, they are expected to be in school by 8am but will still close by the normal 2.30pm
Thanking you for your understanding and encouragement.